Department of Mathematics
About the Department
The department was established in 1920. B.Sc. Three Year Honours Course was introduced in 1960. There are 40 seats in each of the three years. The teachers of the department possess good relation with the students and also among themselves. The department has marked itself as one of the best departments in the district as well as in the University. Our students secure high ranks in almost every year in Calcutta University Final Examinations. We are proud of our department.
- University of Calcutta recommended three years B.Sc.Honours Course
- University of Calcutta recommended three years B.Sc. General Course
Message of the H. O. D.
Students are taught with utmost care and sincerity. Tutorial classes, Class tests, Departmental seminars are conducted for upliftment of the academic knowledge of the students. Advanced learners and slow learners are given special attention. Several students have secured high ranks in Calcutta University Final Examinations.
- DR. MADHABENDU MAJUMDAR
- DR. SUPRIYA PAL
- DR. MANAS KUMAR GHOSH
- Mr. RANJAN DAS
- Ms. Ranita Roy (Head of the Department)
The seminar library has at present 401 text and reference books, being used by Honours students. Out of these books, 121 are procured from UGC grants in different 5-year plan periods. Other books have been either purchased from the college grant or received from other sources. The library has lending facility of three books at a time which supplements the service rendered by the central library.
- Organising seminar lecture by eminent mathematicians
- Publication of wall magazines consisting articles by students
- Providing information to the Honours students regarding scope of their future career.